THE FIRST SUSTAINABLE STRUCTURE FABRIC SOLUTION
How we design and make products today shapes the world we will inhabit tomorrow. ECP is excited to announce that NovaShield® is the first sustainable structure fabric solution.
3 WAYS NOVASHIELD® IS SUSTAINABLE
1. CRADLE-TO-CRADLE CERTIFIED BRONZE
ECP proudly announces that NovaShield® is the first Membrane Structure Fabric in the world to be Cradle to Cradle Certified® Bronze**!
In August 2020, NovaShield Structure Membrane products were awarded Cradle to Cradle Certification® Bronze Level. Cradle to Cradle Certification is a rigorous auditing process across five critical performance categories. A product is assigned an achievement level (Basic, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) for each category. A product’s lowest category achievement also represents its overall certification level.
**The following NovaShield products have achieved the Bronze Certifications:
NovaShield® RU88X-6 400
NovaShield® RU88X-6 4mil
NovaShield® RU88X-6(FR) 400
NovaShield® RU88X-6(FR) 4mil
NovaShield® FRU88X-6 400
NovaShield® FRU88X-6 4mil
NovaShield® RU ELITE
NovaShield® FRU ELITE
Novashield® FRUC8-6 opaque white/ opaque white
Novashield® FRUC8-6 opaque white/ opaque black
Novashield® FRUC8-6 opaque black/ opaque black
Novashield® FRUC6-6 opaque white/ opaque white
Novashield® FRUC6-6 opaque white/ opaque black
Novashield® FRUC210 opaque black/ opaque black
2. COOL ROOF PERFORMANCE
A cool roof reflects and emits the sun’s solar energy back to the sky instead of absorbing and transferring heat to the building below.
NOVASHIELD® scores exceedingly well on this ‘coolness’ factor.
“Coolness” is measured by two properties:
- Solar reflectance, &
- Thermal emittance
Both properties are measured from 0 to 1 and the higher the value, the “cooler” the roof.
Solar reflectance index (SRI) is an indicator of how hot a material is likely to become in the sunshine. Standard black is 0 and standard white is 100. Visit page 3 of our brochure to learn about NovaShield’s cool roof performance.
3. ILLUMINANCE VALUES
NOVASHIELD® provides you with a light, bright interior due to its exceptional translucency.
In fact, during day light hours, the diffused light means you may not even need artificial lighting during the day.
LESS LIGHTING REQUIRED = ENERGY SAVINGS
Learn more about NovaShield’s illuminance values on page 4 of our brochure.
NovaShield has fully committed to creating products that are PVC free due to the following reasons:
- NovaShield products do not promote mold/fungal growth.
- NovaShield does not require a top coating.
- NovaShield does not requires a solvent to clean the fabric, only soap and water.
- Greater light transmission than other products, creating a brighter interior with the need for less lighting during daylight hours.
- NovaShield has greater cold crack resistance than many other products.
- NovaShield costs less per square foot versus many equal performing or competing products.
- The cost of a NovaShield cover can be less compared to other products due to less seams required and faster conversion rates that ultimately lower the cost of manufacturing the building cover.