The NovaShield Advantage
The addition of NovaShield to the security arsenal of the consumer offers the following advantages:
- Protection against unknown threats: NovaShield protects against threats that have not been seen before, a challenging task that traditional signature-based anti-malware products cannot do. Hence, NovaShield can reduce the risk of your computers being infected with malware, and protect you against threats such as identify theft.
- Protection against emerging threats: NovaShield protects against the looming threats of rootkits, keyloggers, and botnets that may be too new or sophisticated to be detected by traditional signature scanning.
- Remediation: NovaShield monitors file system and registry activity as part of its detection engine. If a threat is discovered, NovaShield knows exactly what files and registry items it created and can remove these by-products in addition to removing the threat itself.
- Lightweight: NovaShield is lightweight in its use of system resources and will not slow down your computer or consume lots of memory.
- No need for daily updates: Because NovaShield uses policies that detect behavior rather than patterns of byte code, it does not require daily updates. NovaShield receives updates only for patches and the addition of policies that recognize new types of malicious behavior.